About Public Power and Deregulation
Founded in 2008, Public Power is one of the largest licensed electricity and gas suppliers in the U.S. Public Power is headquartered in Connecticut, and is also licensed to offer similar services in Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Washington, D.C. Focused on being the best and the most conscientious customer service company in the industry, Public Power provides services to hundreds of thousands residential and commercial customers. With the deregulation of electricity and gas in many states, Public Power gives people a choice for their energy provider.
- Customer is still assured an uninterrupted supply of electricity.
- Electricity still travels from Power Generation Plants to end user over wires.
- Utility still owns the wires.
- Utility still reads meters.
- Utility handles all emergencies.